Notice of School Closure
We are currently open to Key Worker pupils, those with EHCP plans and identified vulnerable pupils. We are also open to pupils in Reception and Year 1. Unfortunately, due to our ongoing building works, we do not have the classroom space to open up to other year groups. We are inviting pupils in the other year groups to come in at set times to see their current teacher and meet their new teacher over the next two weeks.
Contact Arrangements during the School Closure
Our school office is currently open between 9am and 3pm each day. Our telephone number is: 0208428 1166. The e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact your child’s class teacher by using the class e mail address. The addresses for each class are:
- Nursery YNclass@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Reception YRclass@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 1 Y1class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 2 Y2class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 3 Y3class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 4 Y4class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 5 Y5class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 6 Y6class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
To contact Mrs Day, our Headteacher, please e mail email@example.com
Information regarding school re-opening
- Risk Assessment Year R and Year 1 (322KB)
Our risk assessment for our June reopening
- Newsletter 10 - July 2020 (117KB)
Please see our most recent letter, regarding the full reopening of Greenfields in September
Additional Resources to Support Parents, Carers and Students
Health and Wellbeing Information
Please find attached kits to support you and your family during this challenging time. Mrs Weller, our Inclusion and Safeguarding lead is available if you require further support. Please e mail the school office if you wish to talk to her.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing - Kit 1 (173KB)
Kit 1 includes: Helpful information to answer children’s questions about Coronavirus, worries about the world, calm zone, mood journal.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 2 (93KB)
Kit 2 includes: Coronavirus social story, tips for coping, protecting your mental health.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 3 (138KB)
Kit 3 includes: Top tips for families, practical activities for children, self soothe strategies.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 4 (163KB)
Kit 4 includes: Anxiety thermometer, techniques to help keep children calm, emotion wheel, relaxation activities.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 5 (133KB)
Kit 5 includes: Dealing with effects of lockdown, coping with feeling angry, loneliness, sleep disturbance, calming sounds.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing - Kit 6 (98KB)
Kit 6 includes: Managing emotions, resilience games.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 7 (86KB)
Kit 7 includes: Managing transitions, preparing your child for starting a new school.
Our priority is to ensure all the children at Greenfields are safe and well. Our schools direct safeguarding line is: 07562 797970
Our safeguarding e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have concerns about a child and school is closed, please contact:
- Hertfordshire Children’s Services: 0300 123 4043
- 101 for a non-emergency police matter, or 999 in an emergency
The governors are continuing to meet half termly, remotely. The next scheduled Governing Body meeting is on Thursday 9th July.