Notice of School Closure
We are currently open to Key Worker pupils, those with EHCP plans and identified vulnerable pupils in every year group from Tuesday 5th January. Please see the most recent letter regarding the current closure and our plan for remote teaching of all other pupils. If you have any queries regarding absence during this period of closure, please contact the school office.
Contact Arrangements during the School Closure
Our school office is currently open between 8.30am and 5pm each day. Our telephone number is: 0208428 1166. The e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact your child’s class teacher by using the class e mail address. The addresses for each class are:
- Nursery YNclass@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Reception YRclass@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 1 Y1class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 2 Y2class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 3 Y3class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 4 Y4class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 5 Y5class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Year 6 Y6class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
To contact Mrs Day, our Headteacher, please e mail email@example.com
Additional Resources to Support Parents, Carers and Students
Worry Box Email
Mrs Weller has set up an email address for the children to use in case they have any worries where they can write anything down that is bothering them. She will then organise for herself or one of the nurture team to phone them at a convenient time that we will prearrange with you. If your child is too young to write the email independently please feel free to write it on their behalf or send a photo of their written worry.
The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Wellbeing Information
Please find attached kits to support you and your family during this challenging time. Mrs Weller, our Inclusion and Safeguarding lead is available if you require further support. Please e mail the school office if you wish to talk to her.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing - Kit 1 (173KB)
Kit 1 includes: Helpful information to answer children’s questions about Coronavirus, worries about the world, calm zone, mood journal.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 2 (93KB)
Kit 2 includes: Coronavirus social story, tips for coping, protecting your mental health.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 3 (138KB)
Kit 3 includes: Top tips for families, practical activities for children, self soothe strategies.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 4 (163KB)
Kit 4 includes: Anxiety thermometer, techniques to help keep children calm, emotion wheel, relaxation activities.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 5 (133KB)
Kit 5 includes: Dealing with effects of lockdown, coping with feeling angry, loneliness, sleep disturbance, calming sounds.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing - Kit 6 (98KB)
Kit 6 includes: Managing emotions, resilience games.
- Resources for mental health and wellbeing – Kit 7 (86KB)
Kit 7 includes: Managing transitions, preparing your child for starting a new school.
Our priority is to ensure all the children at Greenfields are safe and well. Our schools direct safeguarding line is: 07562 797970
Our safeguarding e mail address is: email@example.com
If you have concerns about a child and school is closed, please contact:
- Hertfordshire Children’s Services: 0300 123 4043
- 101 for a non-emergency police matter, or 999 in an emergency
The governors are continuing to meet half termly, remotely. The next scheduled Governing Body meeting is on Thursday 9th July.