It is the policy of the governing body that all pupils who attend Greenfields Primary School should wear school uniform every day. The uniform consists of:
- white shirt of blouse
- green sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- black or dark grey skirt, shorts or trousers
- black or grey jogging bottoms, shorts or skirt with elasticated waist (for Nursery children only)
- flat, black shoes (not trainers, high heels or platforms)
- a green and white checked summer dress may be worn in the summer term and the first half of the autumn term
- green or white baseball caps should be worn in sunny weather for outside play and PE
- outdoor coats should be worn in cold weather
- children are allowed trainers to change into at playtime
A short-sleeved, plain T-shirt, shorts and plimsolls should be kept in a bag in school during the week. Each child is assigned to one of the four school houses (siblings are always in the same team), and each child should wear a T-shirt for PE of the appropriate colour (as indicated below). Shorts may be of any suitable colour. Warm tracksuits of any suitable colour are needed during cold weather for outdoor games. Trainers can be worn for outdoor PE.
The House colours are:
- Normans – Green
- Romans – Yellow
- Saxons – Red
We are moving to an online service for the School Shop, although some items may still be in stock. Please check with the school office.
The website to order uniform is:
For reasons of safety, children with pierced ears may wear studs only. A watch may be worn but it is the responsibility of the child at all times. We ask that necklaces are not worn as this can be a hazard for play or for PE.
Please make sure that all your child’s uniform and personal property is marked clearly with their name!