Welcome to the Nursery Webpage.
The staff in Nursery are Mrs O’Shea, Mrs Weller, Miss Wilds, Mrs Perren, Miss Durkan and Miss Barratt
- We will start PE in the Spring term. Please have a named kit in school after Christmas.
- Library Books are changed on a Thursday
- Soft start every morning from 8.45am-9am. Register is taken at 9.05am
- Please only send in plain water in a named water bottle
- We ask that all coats, clothing and uniform are labelled clearly.
- We are delighted that we can offer Forest School learning in Nursery and Reception. The children will take part in these activities every week, throughout the academic year. This is a long term, learner led approach, offering children time, freedom and space to learn at their own pace, through open ended play. Forest School offers learners practical experiences and the opportunity to take supported risks, led by a qualified Forest School practitioner, which are appropriate to the environment and to themselves, such as den building, fire lighting and tool work. The natural environment provides resources and opportunities to learn and embed lifelong social skills, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
30 hours provision:
- We offer the 30 hours government funded provision for eligible familes. This is available to families where parents are working 16 hours plus per week. This means that the children can have lunch in school and stay until 3pm some or every afternoon. Please enquire at the office if you need any further information.
The topic for the first half of the Autumn Term is “All About Me”. We learn about each other, remembering names and making friends. We look at each other, how are we similar and how are we different? We talk about our feelings and how to be a good friend.
The topic for the second half of Autumn is “Let’s Celebrate ”. We look at different celebrations such as; Diwali, Bonfire Night, Halloween, Christmas.
The topic for the first half of the Spring Term is “People Who Help Us”. We learn about the Police, Firefighters, Ambulance Service, Doctors, Nurses, Vets & Schools.
The topic for the second half of the Spring Term is “Growth and Change”. We look at life cycles (such as in the Hungry Caterpillar), growth in nature and in ourselves. During the Spring term we will celebrate Chinese New Year (dependent on when it falls).
The topic for the first half of the Summer Term is “Traditional Tales”. We read, listen, retell and role play a variety of traditional stories.
The topic for the second half of the Summer Term is “Journeys”. We look at different types of transport and the various journeys that we make ourselves.
We hope to arrange visits to school from Firefighters and others during our “People Who Help Us” topic. We have a school trip in the Summer term in conjunction with our “Journeys” topic.
The documents below will give you an overview of the learning in Nursery.
- Nursery Meet The Teacher (315KB)
- EYFS Recommended Reading List (149KB)
- Nursery - Curriculum Map (249KB)
- Development Matters (651KB)
We are delighted that all the children are back in Nursery and they are having great times exploring and investigating in our new outdoor area. Everyone is happy to be back at school and we are looking forward to an exciting term ahead!
Nursery Home Learning
We love to see how much home learning the Nursery children are doing! Building castles for the Giant, celebrating VE Day, writing letters and cards to Colonel Tom, working hard at numbers and writing. Keep it up Nursery we are really proud of you!
Nursery Home Learning
We miss seeing all the children in the Nursery class during these difficult times but we have been delighted to receive photos, videos and messages from our Nursery families showing us what everyone has been doing at home. As well as the activities that are being sent from school there is a lot of cooking, creativity and physical exercising (indoor and outdoor!). Here is a selection so far:
A visit from the Paramedics
The children enjoyed exploring the Ambulance and listening to the role of a paramedic – a very exciting morning!
World Book Day 2020
The children and teachers came to school in their pyjamas and we shared and read our favourite bedtime stories.
The Fire Engine came to visit us!
Christmas at the Nursery
We have had a busy time leading up to Christmas. We took part in the Christmas performances for our families and the rest of the school. We have been making and preparing lots of exciting things to take home to our families.