Welcome to the Nursery Webpage.
The staff in Nursery are Mrs O’Shea, Mrs Perren, Miss Durkan and Miss Lyons.
Contact us at: YNclass@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- We will start PE in the Spring term. Please have a named kit in school after Christmas.
- Library Books are changed on a Wednesday
- Soft start every morning from 8.45am-9am. Register is taken at 9.05am
- Please only send in plain water in a named water bottle
- We ask that all coats, clothing and uniform are labelled clearly.
- We are delighted that we can offer Forest School learning in Nursery and Reception. The children will take part in these activities every week, throughout the academic year. This is a long term, learner led approach, offering children time, freedom and space to learn at their own pace, through open ended play. Forest School offers learners practical experiences and the opportunity to take supported risks, led by a qualified Forest School practitioner, which are appropriate to the environment and to themselves, such as den building, fire lighting and tool work. The natural environment provides resources and opportunities to learn and embed lifelong social skills, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
30 hours provision:
- We offer the 30 hours government funded provision for eligible familes. This is available to families where parents are working 16 hours plus per week. This means that the children can have lunch in school and stay until 3pm some or every afternoon. Please enquire at the office if you need any further information.
The topic for the first half of the Autumn Term is “All About Me”. We learn about each other, remembering names and making friends. We look at each other, how are we similar and how are we different? We talk about our feelings and how to be a good friend.
The topic for the second half of Autumn is “Let’s Celebrate ”. We look at different celebrations such as; Diwali, Bonfire Night, Halloween, Christmas.
The topic for the first half of the Spring Term is “My Community”. We learn about the Police, Firefighters, Ambulance Service, Doctors, Nurses, Vets & Schools.
The topic for the second half of the Spring Term is “Growth and Change”. We look at life cycles (such as in the Hungry Caterpillar), growth in nature and in ourselves. During the Spring term we will celebrate Chinese New Year (dependent on when it falls).
The topic for the first half of the Summer Term is “Traditional Tales”. We read, listen, retell and role play a variety of traditional stories.
The topic for the second half of the Summer Term is “Journeys”. We look at different types of transport and the various journeys that we make ourselves.
We hope to arrange visits to school from Firefighters and others during our “My Community” topic. We have a school trip in the Summer term in conjunction with our “Journeys” topic.
The documents below will give you an overview of the learning in Nursery.
- Nursery Long Term Overview (541.60KB)
- Nursery Meet the Teacher (604.58KB)
- EYFS Framework 2021 (370.28KB)
- Birth to 5 Matters (6.83MB)
- EYFS Recommended Reading List (148.89KB)
- Development Matters (651.48KB)
- Statutory Curriculum for Early Years (551.47KB)