Welcome to the Nursery Webpage.
The staff in Nursery are Mrs O’Shea, Mrs Weller, Miss Wilds, Mrs Perren, Miss Durkan and Miss Barratt
Contact us at: YNclass@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- We will start PE in the Spring term. Please have a named kit in school after Christmas.
- Library Books are changed on a Thursday
- Soft start every morning from 8.45am-9am. Register is taken at 9.05am
- Please only send in plain water in a named water bottle
- We ask that all coats, clothing and uniform are labelled clearly.
- We are delighted that we can offer Forest School learning in Nursery and Reception. The children will take part in these activities every week, throughout the academic year. This is a long term, learner led approach, offering children time, freedom and space to learn at their own pace, through open ended play. Forest School offers learners practical experiences and the opportunity to take supported risks, led by a qualified Forest School practitioner, which are appropriate to the environment and to themselves, such as den building, fire lighting and tool work. The natural environment provides resources and opportunities to learn and embed lifelong social skills, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
30 hours provision:
- We offer the 30 hours government funded provision for eligible familes. This is available to families where parents are working 16 hours plus per week. This means that the children can have lunch in school and stay until 3pm some or every afternoon. Please enquire at the office if you need any further information.
The topic for the first half of the Autumn Term is “All About Me”. We learn about each other, remembering names and making friends. We look at each other, how are we similar and how are we different? We talk about our feelings and how to be a good friend.
The topic for the second half of Autumn is “Let’s Celebrate ”. We look at different celebrations such as; Diwali, Bonfire Night, Halloween, Christmas.
The topic for the first half of the Spring Term is “People Who Help Us”. We learn about the Police, Firefighters, Ambulance Service, Doctors, Nurses, Vets & Schools.
The topic for the second half of the Spring Term is “Growth and Change”. We look at life cycles (such as in the Hungry Caterpillar), growth in nature and in ourselves. During the Spring term we will celebrate Chinese New Year (dependent on when it falls).
The topic for the first half of the Summer Term is “Traditional Tales”. We read, listen, retell and role play a variety of traditional stories.
The topic for the second half of the Summer Term is “Journeys”. We look at different types of transport and the various journeys that we make ourselves.
We hope to arrange visits to school from Firefighters and others during our “People Who Help Us” topic. We have a school trip in the Summer term in conjunction with our “Journeys” topic.
The documents below will give you an overview of the learning in Nursery.
- Nursery Meet The Teacher (315KB)
- EYFS Recommended Reading List (149KB)
- Nursery - Curriculum Map (249KB)
- Development Matters (651KB)
We all wore football kits to school today. There is a lot of excitement about the next England match! Later in the day the children wanted to use all of our dressing up outfits – they experimented with superhero and fairy tale costumes and had a great time making up their own stories.
PE using the equipment
We have been enjoying using the apparatus in the hall for our PE lessons. The children can climb, balance and jump safely – and as you can see they have a great time!
June 2021 and the sun was shining!
We have been making the most of the recent sunny weather and moved our learning outside. The children took the opportunity to use the bikes and scooters, use the climbing equipment and they enjoyed using the sand and water. It is good to see the children taking turns and sharing with each other 🙂
7th May 2021
We have had a very busy time since returning to school full time in March. The children have really explored the outdoor environment through their independent play and also their weekly Forest School opportunities.
We have celebrated St Patrick’s Day, Comic Relief and Love of Books Day since our return as well! We have started having PE sessions every week and the children have shown that they can follow instructions and move safely around the hall. The children are busy everyday indoors and outdoors!
Nursery Home Learning
This term’s topic is People Who Help us and the children in school were really keen to make an ambulance. They thought of how they wanted to do this and had great fun playing with it and being Paramedics!
Forest Schools Fun at Nursery
The children had a wonderful treat before we broke up for Christmas. They made a fire and toasted marshmallows – how delicious! Our silly elf was outside too, he was hiding in the tree!
The first half term of Nursery 🙂
We are delighted that all the children are back in Nursery and they are having great times exploring and investigating in our new outdoor area. Everyone is happy to be back at school and we are looking forward to an exciting term ahead!
All the children have come back to Nursery and they are in high spirits! They are investigating and exploring our fantastic new outdoor garden and making new friends. We are looking forward to an exciting term 🙂