Welcome to Year 6’s Webpage
The staff in Year 6 are Mr Pople, Mrs Cochrane
Contact us at: Y6class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Reading records should be handed in every Monday morning. Books can be changed any day of the week. We ask children to read at least 4 x per week and share their reading with an adult (discussing books, asking questions about their reading, exploring vocabulary).
- Spelling homework focusing on rules and investigations is sent home on a Tuesday. Pupils also have their ongoing personal lists of spellings to learn.
- Science homework is given on a Thursday
- Maths games are changed on a Wednesday. Please play these games at least twice with your child and ensure the adult who plays the game with the child signs their homework book.
- Topic homework is given on a Wednesday
- English homework is sent home on a Thursday.
- Maths homework (coloured maths sheets, times table and other maths practise sheets) is sent home on a Friday.
- PE is on a Monday and Thursday but please have your kit in school every day. This will be outside so your child may want to bring a tracksuit top/bottoms as neither school uniform jumpers nor coats will not be worn.
- Meet the teacher - Year 6 (958KB)
- Year 7 Recommended Reading List (139KB)
- Book Free Reading Passport (212KB)
- Year 6 - Curriculum Map (645KB)
- Year 6 Maths Learner (184KB)
St Helen’s School
As part of our activity days, we spent a day visiting St Helen’s School in Northwood.
What a fantastic day they organised for us involving, climbing, badminton (taught by an ex-GB Olympian!),
swimming and rounders. Our day ended with toasting (and of course eating) marshmallows on the fire to make ‘smores’ – yum yum!
We were so grateful to the staff for such an amazing experience. They wanted to keep the class there as their own because they were SOOO impressed with their attitude, behaviour participation & team ethos and could not praise the class enough, leaving Year 6 teach staff team immensely proud (as we always are) to call them our class.
Chessington – A Whole World of Adventure…
We all headed off to Chessington theme park for one of our activity days.
Everyone has a fantastic time, whizzing up, down, round and round whilst facing our fears! The rides were fast and furious and at times they were wet … and most definitely WILD!
The whole class represented the school brilliantly, with exemplary behaviour and amazing team spirit, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
5 Ways to Wellbeing
Year 6 have been thinking about the 5 different ways they can help their wellbeing. These are: Keep Learning; Stay Active; Give; Take Notice and Connect.
Back Together Again
Enjoying being back together again and getting ready for a special ending to our time together at Greenfields.
Our Bulbs in Bloom…
Making Potato Characters for World Book Day 2021
Our home learning
We’ve been working really hard at home.
Snoow much fun in Year 6!
Our home based learners had lots of fun in the snow!
All Aboard! HMS Belfast Tour This Way…
Party Time! Year 6 Xmas Fun