Welcome to Year 4’s Webpage.
The staff in Year 4 are Mr Wilkinson & Mrs Gilder
Contact us at: Y4class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Swimming takes place on Tuesday afternoons
- PE is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Tuesday’s PE will be swimming)
- Reading books will be given out on Monday and changed weekly with the expectation to read to an adult 4 times a week
- Spellings are handed out on Monday to learn by the following Monday
- Home-learning will be set on a Friday to be completed by Wednesday
- Year 4 Meet the Teacher (963KB)
- Year 4 Yearly Subject Overview (113KB)
- Page Free Reading Passport (207KB)
- Year 4 - Curriculum Map (669KB)
- Year 4 Maths Learner (272KB)
Year 4 Blog
This half term, Year 4 have been practicing their golf skills. We had a lot of fun today putting our skills to the test against other schools. We performed fantastically and even won some medals!
even won some medals!
Greenfield’s 70th Birthday
The new Year 4 class have had a fantastic first week at school. With the school’s 70th birthday to celebrate, we have taken the role of party planners. We made invitations, wrote instructions for party games and learnt how to sing Happy Birthday in French. We ended the week on a high by having a great time at the fair and disco on Friday.
Year 4 had a fantastic time during sports week. We tried loads of different sports and activities, while developing our team work skills.
CSI and Gelli printing at St Helen’s
We had a fantastic day out at St Helen’s school. In the morning we helped to investigate a murder, using our best detective skills and St Helen’s forensic equipment.
After using the clues to solve the crime, we spent the afternoon in the art workshop. We used a technique called Gelli printing to create some amazing pieces of art.
Welcome to the fair!
Today Year 4 finished making their Chair- o- plane rides. We used a motorised pulley to make our chairs spin.
In DT we are building our own Chair-o-plane rides. We used our knowledge of circuits and have learnt how to saw, sand and use the glue guns. They are now very close to completion!
This term Year 4 have been learning to play Three little Birds on the ukulele.
Easter Hat Parade
We’ve had great fun for Easter with a bonnet parade walking around the school, an egg hunt to find letters and make words, and lots more fun activities.
Art based on poems
We learnt the poem Trees on Parade by Valarie Bloom and used pastels to create some art work based on the poem.
Jan 18th – Year 4 home learning
Goblins The Magic Goblin
Year 4 have been working hard to create an ultimate guide to goblins.