Welcome to Reception’s Webpage.
The staff in Reception are Mrs Fernando and Miss Wilds.
- Soft start: The doors open at 8.45am to enable children to take part in busy finger activities and choose their lunch independently. The doors close promptly at 8.55am and the register is taken.
- Books: Please read with your children at least 4 times each week and sign their reading records. Children will receive one-two books each week. Look at the front cover of your child’s reading log to remind you which day they need to bring their books in.
- PE: every Wednesday.
- Come and Read – every Friday at 15.00, parents are invited to come into the classroom to share stories and pick a new library book. Please don’t forget to leave your old book on th e table.
Clothing: We would be really grateful if you could make sure that all clothing has your child’s name on it please.
- Autumn 1: The topic for the first half-term is ‘All about Me.’ The children will be thinking about themselves and how they fit into their family and the school community.
- Autumn 2: The topic for the second half-term is ‘Let’s Celebrate.’ We will be learning about different celebrations – the birth of a baby, birthdays, Guy Fawkes, Diwali, Remembrance Day, Christmas and Hannukah.
- Spring 1: The topic for the first half-term is ‘Globetrotters’. We will be learning about the world. We find out that the world has seven continents and explore each continent, taking a look at different countries. We find out about what people look like, what they eat, where they live and the weather. We also explore food and do some baking from around the world.
- Spring 2: The topic for the second half-term is ‘Dinosaurs’. The children will learn about different dinosaurs and that there were herbivores and carnivores. We will learn how they fit into our timeline.
- Summer 1: The topic for the first half-term is ‘Traditional Tales’. We will be reading some classic tales and doing lots of retelling and writing around the stories.
- Summer 2: The topic for the second half-term is ‘Journeys’. We will be learning about new and old forms of transport, their similarities and differences, taking a magical book journey through different forms of transport.
The documents below will give you more information about learning in Reception.
World Book Day 2020
The children had a wonderful book filled day! We enjoyed listening to stories read by Mr Pople and his dinosaurs and by Miss Wilds and Miss Bradley our helper. We shared our bedtime stories in the reading corner and best of all we loved wearing our pyjamas!!
Christmas in Reception
We are so proud of our little stars for their great performance in our Christmas Show. They really were STARS!!