Welcome to the Year 2 Webpage.
The staff in Year 2 are Miss Wilkins and Mrs Payne.
Contact us at: Y2class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- PE- Monday and Thursday
- Reading books – Sent home Monday and due in Friday. These should be brought to school daily in book bags.
- Spellings – Sent home Friday, and due in the following Wednesday.
- Homework – Sent home Friday, and due in the following Wednesday.
The documents below will give you more detailed information about learning in Year 2.
- Meet the Teacher - Year 2 (284KB)
- Year 2 Recommended Reading List (119KB)
- Year 2 - Curriculum Map (619KB)
- Year 2 Maths Learner (32KB)
Year 2 Blog
Settling in for Year 2.
Year 2 have been settling in so well the past week and a half, with some great homework and loving their slot on the pirate ship. Keep it up Year 2.
In honour of Science Week, Year 1 and 2 spent an afternoon together with parents exploring and investigating lots of different areas of Science. We had apple dissection to sort out the parts of an apple, dancing raising to see what gases can do, tin foil boats to create the best floating boat, lego house building with different materials for the roof to see if they were waterproof, skittle rainbows to see how colours leave the skittles, ice with different substances to see what melted it fastest, and magnets to sort out what was magnetic and what was not
The children, and parents, had masses of fun and it led to some awesome conversations. It was lovely to see so many parents get involved and be able to discuss science with such excitement and the enthusiasm followed back to classrooms where the children had (what felt like!) hundreds of great and inquisitive questions.
Year 2 Busy at Work.
Year 2 have settled in well. Well done Year 2!