Welcome to Year 3’s Webpage
The staff in Year 3 are Mrs Dupree, Miss Money, and Ms Ford
Contact us at: Y3class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
Year 3 Routines:
- P.E. is on a Monday and Wednesday. Pupils need to come to school in PE kit on both days.
- Reading books need to be in school every day and will be collected in on Friday. New books will be given out on Mondays
- Spellings are handed out on Monday to learn by the following Monday
- Speed Tables will be carried out weekly with the expectation the children will know their 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables by the end of Year 3
- Meet the Teacher Year 3 (931KB)
- Word Free Reading Passport (205KB)
- Year 3 - Curriculum Map (497KB)
- Year 3 Maths Learner (273KB)
Year 3 Blog
Year 3 Mosaics
Extra work at home!
In addition to our daily work, we have also been doing independent learning: cooking, litter picking, drawing and maths puzzles to name but a few!
P.E. at home
year 3 measuring fun
We had fun measuring in centimetres and millimetres.
We selected six number cards between 0 and 9 and we investigated different ways to subtract one number from the other. We had to identify which number was the largest.
We love coding!
We started off following two step instructions and then built up to four steps. Some of us managed to find glitches too!
We had fun practising our tennis skills
We investigated whether rocks change when they have been in water
Cooking at home
We all had a wonderful day full of stories and fun. We have read almost every child’s story now, but will need some books back next week!