Welcome to Year 3’s Webpage
The staff in Year 3 are Mr Wilkinson & Mrs Lawless
Year 3 Routines:
- Outdoor Rangers takes place every other Friday and children are expected to bring warm clothes and a change of shoes
- Swimming takes place on Wednesday in the Summer term.
- PE is on Tuesday and Thursday
- Reading books are changed Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Spellings are handed out on Monday to learn by the following Monday
- Library books are changed on Friday
- Speed Tables will be carried out weekly with the expectation the children will know their 4 and 8 times s by the end of Year 3
Overview of Year 3
The topic to for the first half term is Traditional Tales and writing a modern tale of warning based on the story of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’. We learn about the bodies of humans and animals and how they are different . We learn about what makes up a healthy diet and how our bodies respond to exercise.
The topic for the second half of Autumn is Heroes and Villains from history, starting with Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot. In science we are focusing on rocks and fossils and how they are formed.
In the first half term we are learning about the The Great Fire of London and writing a newspaper report. In science we are learning about forces focusing on magnets and magnetism.
In the second half term we are looking at the Tudors. In science we are learning about plants and their lifecycles and the different functions or the parts of plants.
The topics for the Summer Term are the Rainforest and inventions.
We will be writing explanation texts about some of the animals that live in the rainforest and will be reading the iron man in class. We will discuss what is the greatest invention and designing an invention we could have in the class. In science we will be investigating light and dark How shadows work and how they change during the day.
- Year 3 Maths Learner (273KB)