Welcome to Year 3’s Webpage
The staff in Year 3 are Miss Parry and Mrs Payne.
Contact us at: Y3class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
Year 3 Routines:
- P.E. is on a Monday and Wednesday. Pupils need to come to school in PE kit on both days.
- Reading books need to be in school every day and will be changed weekly
- Spellings are handed out on Friday to learn by the following Friday
- Times Tables Practice will be carried out weekly on Wednesdays with the expectation the children will know their 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables by the end of Year 3. Children are expected to practice at home on Times Table Rockstars
- Homework (Maths or Grammar) will be given on a Friday to be handed in the following Tuesday
- Meet the Teacher Year 3 (6MB)
- Word Free Reading Passport (205KB)
- Year 3 - Curriculum Map (497KB)
- Year 3 Maths Learner (273KB)
Year 3 Blog
In Maths, Year 3 have moved on from learning about multiplication and division to start our topic on place value. We have been using lots of concrete manipulatives, such as base 10, arrow cards, and bead strings, to help us. We have then applied these skills to our learning in pictorial ways, such as using part-whole models and place value charts. We especially enjoyed using the arrow cards to make 3-digit numbers and explain how they are made!
As the children have settled and found their feet in Year 3, it has become clear that we have a class full of budding artists! From drawing to papercraft and everything in between, the children welcome any chance to flex their creative muscles. This week in our Art session, the children took on the challenge of paint mixing to create primary, secondary and tertiary colours in a wheel. They did a magnificent job and we now have a very colourful display of our hard work!
Marvellous Multi-Sports Squad
Six children in our class participated in the School Sports Partnership’s first inter-school event since lockdown: the Year 3 and 4 Multi-Sports competition. The children tried their hand at a range of sporting activities, such as hockey, boccia (which they were very good at!), football, NERF darts and tri-golf. The children scored a wonderful 334 points during the evening and well and truly got stuck in and gave everything their best go. Well done, Year 3 multi-sports team!
First Week Back!
Our new Year 3 class have had a super first week at school. With the school’s 70th birthday to celebrate, we have thrown ourselves into party planning. We have made party food, learned to play happy birthday on the glockenspiel, sung the song in French and Mandarin (!) and designed our own parties. We also had a wonderful time at the fair and disco on Friday.
We can’t wait for all the fun that Year 3 will bring!
Year 3 Mosaics
Extra work at home!
In addition to our daily work, we have also been doing independent learning: cooking, litter picking, drawing and maths puzzles to name but a few!
P.E. at home
year 3 measuring fun
We had fun measuring in centimetres and millimetres.
We selected six number cards between 0 and 9 and we investigated different ways to subtract one number from the other. We had to identify which number was the largest.
We love coding!
We started off following two step instructions and then built up to four steps. Some of us managed to find glitches too!