Welcome to Year 4’s Webpage
The staff in Year 4 are Mrs Kirkman, Miss Money & Mrs Farrer
- Swimming takes place on Wednesday in the Summer term.
- PE is on a Monday and Thursday
- Spellings are handed out on a Wednesday
- Additional homework is set as and when necessary to support pupils learning.
The topic for the first half term is Traditional Tales and we study how Traditional Tales are structured using ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ as our main text. In Topic and Creative, we focus on the skills of mapping.
The topic for the second half of Autumn term is ‘The Egyptians’ where we focus on mummification and the pyramids.
Our topic is ‘In the Americas’ where we will be focussing on Christopher Columbus and the people of America.
During the summer term our topic will be ‘The Great Outdoors’. We will be focussing on natural disasters, specifically volcanoes and the eruption of Vesuvius over Pompeii. We will also be celebrating poetry week by reading, writing and performing poetry.
- Year 4 Maths Learner (272KB)