Welcome to Year 6’s Webpage
The staff in Year 6 are Mr Pople, Mrs Cochrane
Contact us at: Y6class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Reading records should be handed in every Monday morning. Books can be changed any day of the week. We ask children to read at least 4 x per week and share their reading with an adult (discussing books, asking questions about their reading, exploring vocabulary).
- Spelling homework focusing on rules and investigations is sent home on a Tuesday. Pupils also have their ongoing personal lists of spellings to learn.
- Science homework is given on a Thursday
- Maths games are changed on a Wednesday. Please play these games at least twice with your child and ensure the adult who plays the game with the child signs their homework book.
- Topic homework is given on a Wednesday
- English homework is sent home on a Thursday.
- Maths homework (coloured maths sheets, times table and other maths practise sheets) is sent home on a Friday.
- PE is on a Monday and Thursday but please have your kit in school every day. This will be outside so your child may want to bring a tracksuit top/bottoms as neither school uniform jumpers nor coats will not be worn.
- Meet the teacher - Year 6 (958KB)
- Year 7 Recommended Reading List (139KB)
- Book Free Reading Passport (212KB)
- Year 6 - Curriculum Map (645KB)
- Year 6 Maths Learner (184KB)
All Aboard! HMS Belfast Tour This Way…
Party Time! Year 6 Xmas Fun
Sharing Our Love of Reading…
Ready…Steady…Go! Year 5&6 Fun Run
Terrific Tag Rugby – Year 6 Victorious!
Tower of London Tour
Back in Time as World War II Evacuees
Year 6 Work From Home
Year 6 led us in a beautiful remembrance ceremony earlier this month.