Welcome to Year 6’s Webpage
The staff in Year 6 are Mr Pople, Mrs Cochrane
Contact us at: Y6class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Reading records should be handed in every Monday morning. Books can be changed any day of the week. We ask children to read at least 4 x per week and share their reading with an adult (discussing books, asking questions about their reading, exploring vocabulary).
- Spelling homework focusing on rules and investigations is sent home on a Tuesday. Pupils also have their ongoing personal lists of spellings to learn.
- Science homework is given on a Thursday
- Maths games are changed on a Wednesday. Please play these games at least twice with your child and ensure the adult who plays the game with the child signs their homework book.
- Topic homework is given on a Wednesday
- English homework is sent home on a Thursday.
- Maths homework (coloured maths sheets, times table and other maths practise sheets) is sent home on a Friday.
- PE is on a Monday and Thursday but please have your kit in school every day. This will be outside so your child may want to bring a tracksuit top/bottoms as neither school uniform jumpers nor coats will not be worn.
- Meet the teacher - Year 6 (958KB)
- Year 7 Recommended Reading List (139KB)
- Book Free Reading Passport (212KB)
- Year 6 - Curriculum Map (645KB)
- Year 6 Maths Learner (184KB)
Our home learning
We’ve been working really hard at home.
Snoow much fun in Year 6!
Our home based learners had lots of fun in the snow!
All Aboard! HMS Belfast Tour This Way…
Party Time! Year 6 Xmas Fun
Sharing Our Love of Reading…
Ready…Steady…Go! Year 5&6 Fun Run
Terrific Tag Rugby – Year 6 Victorious!
Tower of London Tour
Back in Time as World War II Evacuees