Welcome to Year 6’s Webpage
The staff in Year 6 are Mr Pople, Mrs Cochrane
Contact us at: Y6class@greenfields.herts.sch.uk
- Reading records should be handed in every Monday morning. Books can be changed any day of the week. We ask children to read at least 4 x per week and share their reading with an adult (discussing books, asking questions about their reading, exploring vocabulary).
- Spelling homework focusing on rules and investigations is sent home on a Tuesday. Pupils also have their ongoing personal lists of spellings to learn.
- Maths games are changed on a Wednesday. Please play these games at least twice with your child and ensure the adult who plays the game with the child signs their homework book.
- Multiplication tables practice homework is given on a Wednesday (blue coloured maths sheet)
- English (grammar) homework is sent home on a Thursday.
- Maths homework (coloured maths sheets, times table and other maths practise sheets) is sent home on a Friday.
- PE is on a Tuesday and Friday and children should come to school in their PE kit. This may be outside so your child may want to bring a tracksuit top/bottoms as school uniform jumpers/coats are not to be worn in PE lessons.
Information about SATs 2022:
Please find the PowerPoint below that was presented at our recent parent information meetings.
If you have any questions about the tests, please arrange to speak to a member of the Year 6 team or email us using the class email.
- Year 6 Long Term Overview (841KB)
- Year 6 Meet the Teacher (1MB)
- Year 7 Recommended Reading List (139KB)
- Book Free Reading Passport (212KB)
- Year 6 Maths Learner (184KB)
World Book Day
We had fun on World Book Day reading and sharing some of our favourite books.
We had a class quiz involving picture rounds and a book-based film soundtrack round!
Some of us came back to school in the evening to hear books being shared by teachers across the school.
Roll Up, Roll Up… Christmas is Coming!
Now that December was here, the end of term would not be the same without a Christmas Fair, a class Xmas party and of course a good old sing song and a show featuring a medley of classic Christmas hits.
And in the words of Slade themselves: ‘Merry Christmas Everybody!’
Year 6 led us in a beautifully moving Remembrance Assembly this morning.
Visit to World War 2 Bunker
As part of our learning about our locality during World War, we headed just a few miles away to Hillingdon to explore an authentic bunker used in World War 2.
After a workshop in the classroom, we headed below to explore before some photos with aircraft outside and a visit to the museum there.
Purcell School of Music Concert
We enjoyed a lovely trip to the Watford Colosseum this afternoon, to hear the Purcell School of Music’s Orchestra play. We particularly enjoyed all the Disney tracks!
Lincolnsfield Centre Visit
What a great start to our unit of work on WW2 visiting the Lincolnsfield Centre today.
St Helen’s School
As part of our activity days, we spent a day visiting St Helen’s School in Northwood.
What a fantastic day they organised for us involving, climbing, badminton (taught by an ex-GB Olympian!),
swimming and rounders. Our day ended with toasting (and of course eating) marshmallows on the fire to make ‘smores’ – yum yum!
We were so grateful to the staff for such an amazing experience. They wanted to keep the class there as their own because they were SOOO impressed with their attitude, behaviour participation & team ethos and could not praise the class enough, leaving Year 6 teach staff team immensely proud (as we always are) to call them our class.
Chessington – A Whole World of Adventure…
We all headed off to Chessington theme park for one of our activity days.
Everyone has a fantastic time, whizzing up, down, round and round whilst facing our fears! The rides were fast and furious and at times they were wet … and most definitely WILD!
The whole class represented the school brilliantly, with exemplary behaviour and amazing team spirit, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
5 Ways to Wellbeing
Year 6 have been thinking about the 5 different ways they can help their wellbeing. These are: Keep Learning; Stay Active; Give; Take Notice and Connect.
Back Together Again
Enjoying being back together again and getting ready for a special ending to our time together at Greenfields.